Street Entertainment Guidelines
- Family-friendly activities only.
Any activity considered tasteless, rude or offensive will be terminated.
- Performers must not block open store entrances or have noise levels that prevent normal business activities—amplification is not allowed without specific permission.
- Performers will be expected to cooperate with businesses by responding to complaints by adjusting location or noise levels, as requested.
- Performers must not block or litter the sidewalks.
Performers must stow instrument cases, personal belongings, propping, etc. off the sidewalks.
- Performers may accept donations and distribute information but may not sell anything unless they have a Staunton business license.
- Performers are asked to keep performances between 10 AM and 10 PM and to locate in one of the following preferred spots:
_______In the Wharf, near Children’s Art Network
_______Statler Brothers Monument on Johnson Street
_______Sunspots Parking Lot, Middlebrook Avenue and Byers Street (private lot, check-in with Sunspots to use this space)
_______New Street near Cranberry’s
_______E. Beverley near the Staunton Courts Bld. or Coffee on the Corner
_______Beverley Street Studio School Galleries, 24 W. Beverley Street
_______Short Circuit on the tiles, 5 E. Beverley Street
_______SunTrust Bank: Corner of Augusta & Beverley Streets
_______SunTrust Bank 2-14 W. Beverley Street
_______City Hall, 116 W. Beverley Street
For more information contact the SDDA at 540-332-3867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org