Board of Directors
The Board of Directors conducted a Strategic Planning Session in November 2016 to draft a Top 25 List
- The Board also completed a short-range work plan each year. Here is the 2018-2019 Proposed Work Plan.
- Staunton Stories was held on March 19, 2016, where we asked the community to bring and share their stories and memorabilia about their amazing Staunton Life. The stories were recorded digitally and on film and the memorabilia was photographed. The images and information can be viewed here.
- The grant also funded the Downtown Discount Card customer loyalty program, which was launched in March 2016. The program rewards loyal cardholders through discounts at participating Downtown businesses in exchange for contact information. Cardholders are automatically registered to receive the Thursday Downtown Lowdown, thereby expanding our awareness efforts. And the Customer Survey in October 2016.
- After a year of focus group and individual interviews, the SDDA hired Arnette Muldrow of Greenville, SC to design and distribute a Community Survey. We distributed the survey link via email through organizational support from the Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce, Mary Baldwin University, the Staunton-Augusta YMCA, the Staunton Creative Community Fund and the United Way of Greater Augusta. Each partner was willing to share our postcard Image and links in their e-news at least twice between October 1 – 31.
- We were able to reach about 38,000 e-addresses and received 871 responses during the 30-day time period.
- In 2017, The SDDA received a $2,000 grant from VA Main Street to implement StauntoNites They fund monthly events, on the second Saturday of the month from April 2017 through March 2018. They enable the business to try their hand at event planning by incentivizing partnerships, providing experiential marketing education, advertising, and support.
The Staunton Online Survey Results will guide the SDDA work planning for the new five years. The SDDA Board will be meeting in early 2017 to craft an updated vision statement and strategic plan.
- The 2018 Partnership Brochure provides descriptions of all the types of partnerships and how to join.
- Organizational structure and procedures are contained in the Articles of Incorporation and November 2016 By-Laws.
- View the current City Contract and the 2018-2019 Budget.
- Check out last year’s 2017-2018 Annual Report.
- Properties in the SDDA district are shown in this map of the Downtown Service District.
- Bright Lights on Beverley making progress. See Press Release
- Streetscape Plan for the City of Staunton: Streetscape Plans
- Keep track of SDDA events on our Google Calendar!
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for all the latest news and updates.
- Sign up to receive our Downtown Lowdown weekly email!
- Sign up for the SDDA’s Downtown Discount Card and get all the details on the Downtown Staunton Gift Card program!
- Find resources for opening and running a successful business in our downtown in the Open a Business section!