The Staunton Downtown Development Association (SDDA) is seeking a collaborative, innovative and creative individual with strong marketing and public relations skills for our next Marketing Manager. The SDDA Marketing Manager assists the Executive Director in development of communication and marketing strategies to support and promote the organizations’ goals, brands, images and stories. For additional information about the Staunton Downtown Development Association visit www.StauntonDowntown.org .
The SDDA Marketing Manager will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and assist in program development and project implementation; work closely with the Executive Director to process strategies and create projects in the management of the Main Street program; demonstrate excellent organization and self-motivation skills; exhibit flexibility to manage multiple tasks; create and work independently on specific projects under the supervision of the Executive Director and communication effectively the status, expectations and results with the Executive Director, stakeholders and participants.
This individual has knowledge of public relations program development and management of graphic, layout, printing and audio-visual processes. This individual has the ability to assist with developing and maintaining a public relations program and the ability to develop effective communication programs; Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with SDDA staff, board of directors, volunteers, interns, City Officials, and community members. Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing; perform technical editorial work; and analyze data for program development and improvement. This individual has skills in computer software associated with public relations/publicity field and database management.
The SDDA Marketing Manager…
- Functions as one of the points of contact for SDDA stakeholders and community members;
- Tracks information to ensure board members, stakeholders and community members receive prompt, courteous and accurate information;
- Represents SDDA at downtown/community meetings as needed; Works with SDDA committees (Promotions, Economic Vitality, Design and Organization);
- Handle all aspects of seasonal event planning as directed by the Executive Director; Implements post-event surveys, as needed to measure event impact
- Facilitates execution of Annual Board Elections and Annual Meeting.
- Coordinates with the SDDA Bookkeeper to maintain the Sparkles & Sweets, parade, membership, etc. physical and e-mailing list(s) and associated invoicing;
- Facilitate the Annual Membership Drive and Provides Member Services;
- Create Mailing Lists, Membership Rosters, Business Listings and Property Owner Lists; Populates and maintain the SDDA Database;
- Responsible for promoting and securing Transit Advertising accounts;
- Writes, edits and/or designs a variety of materials for internal and external distribution including reports, publications, brochures, informational materials, news releases, manuals, newsletters, and social media posts;
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the SDDA’s website.
- Coordinates video production and related activities as needed;
- Develops publicity and public relations plans and activities to meet short and long term goals of the SDDA;
- Assists Executive Director with maintaining relationships with local media for the dissemination of news, updates and information to the media;
- Supervises volunteers, interns and event contracted staff;
- Distributes physical promotional deliverables such as event proposals, posters, and postcards within downtown;
- Makes in-person visits/contacts with downtown business/property owners;
- Provides general support for the Executive Director and performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred training and experience in the areas of marketing, promotions, public relations, communications, sales, business, and media. Possess a valid Driver’s License. Must be able to walk and move independently and lift up to 25 pounds.
Reports To: SDDA Executive Director
Submit resume, letter of interest and three references via email to: Staunton Downtown Development Association, email@example.com, Subject: SDDA Marketing Manager. Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: February 28, 2020.