SDDA Committees: The Main Street Four Points approach addresses the following areas, and all are welcome to serve on any of the following committees.
- The Design Committee is dedicated to enhancing the first impression of downtown visitors and improving the visual quality of downtown by addressing all the elements of its environment– not just buildings and storefronts but also signs, kiosks, public improvements, landscaping, seasonal flower baskets, seating, walkways, and lighting.
- Properties in the SDDA district are shown in this map of the Downtown Service District.
- Bright Lights on Beverley making progress. See Press Release
- Streetscape Plan for the City of Staunton: Streetscape Plans
- Through Virginia Main Street, the SDDA offers free façade and sign design, If you are interested contact Julie Markowitz at Julie@stauntondowntown.org
The Design Committee meets the 1st Thursday of each month at 9 a.m. in the SDDA conference room.
The Promotions Committee awareness for Downtown to generate retail and dining traffic, create a positive image of downtown Staunton and maintain pride in the central business district through promotional events, partnerships and community awareness activities.
- Keep track of SDDA events on our Google Calendar!
- Follow us on Facebook, at Staunton Downtown Development and the Shop Staunton First interest page and Instagram for all the latest news and updates.
- Sign up to receive our Downtown Lowdown weekly email!
- Sign up for the SDDA’s Downtown Discount Card and get all the details on the Downtown Staunton Gift Card program!
The Promotions Committee meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. in the SDDA conference room.
- The Economic Vitality Committee works to strengthen downtown’s existing assets and fulfill its broadest market potential by improving the competitiveness of downtown merchants, recruiting new businesses and converting unused space into housing, offices, or cultural facilities. Find resources for opening and running a successful business in our downtown in the Open a Business section or visit the Downtown Properties tab to find listings!
- StauntoNites grants provided event and marketing support for 12 events from April 2018-March 2019
- The Ambassador Corps invites volunteers to forge business relationships through regular visits.
The Economic Vitality Committee meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. at Blue Mountain Coffees.
The Organization Committee oversees membership, member development, fundraising, SDDA organizational housekeeping. This committee determines member benefits and hosts activities such as the Downtown Round Table, Board elections, annual membership drive, and annual meeting.
- Organizational structure and procedures are contained in the Articles of Incorporation and November 2016 By-Laws.
The Organization Committee meets the 4th Thursday of each month, 4:00 p.m. at the SDDA Office