SDDA Committees: The Main Street Four Points approach addresses the following areas, and all are welcome to serve on any of the following committees. For additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Design Committee is dedicated to enhancing the first impression of downtown visitors and improving the visual quality of downtown by addressing all the elements of its environment– not just buildings and storefronts but also signs, kiosks, public improvements, landscaping, seasonal flower baskets, seating, walkways, and lighting.
- Properties in the SDDA district are shown in this map of the Downtown Service District.
- Streetscape Plan for the City of Staunton: Streetscape Plans
- Through Virginia Main Street, the SDDA offers free façade and sign design, If you are interested contact Greg Beam at email@example.com
The Promotions Committee awareness for Downtown to generate retail and dining traffic, create a positive image of downtown Staunton and maintain pride in the central business district through promotional events, partnerships and community awareness activities.
- Keep track of SDDA events on our Google Calendar!
- Follow us on Facebook, at Staunton Downtown Development and the Shop Staunton First interest page and Instagram for all the latest news and updates.
- Sign up to receive our Downtown Lowdown e-blasts.
- The Economic Vitality Committee works to strengthen downtown’s existing assets and fulfill its broadest market potential by improving the competitiveness of downtown merchants, recruiting new businesses and converting unused space into housing, offices, or cultural facilities. Find resources for opening and running a successful business in our downtown in the Open a Business section or visit the Downtown Properties tab to find listings!
The Organization Committee oversees membership, member development, fundraising, SDDA organizational housekeeping. This committee determines member benefits and hosts activities such as the Downtown Round Table, Board elections, annual membership drive, and annual meeting.